Safe Church Policy
The church has appointed Linda Pickering as Safeguarding Officer to represent the concerns and views of children and young people at our meetings and to outside bodies. She can be contacted through the parish office on 0161 643 2693 or via email email@example.com
Manchester Diocesan Safeguarding Officer is Abbey Clephane who can be contacted via email AbbeyClephane-Wilson@manchester.anglican.org.
If you need to make urgent contact outside of office hours contact thirtyone:eight (formerly CCPAS) on 0303 003 1111.
As a church community, we are committed to:
- The care, nurture of and respectful pastoral ministry with all children and adults.
- The safeguarding and protection of all children and adults.
- The establishment of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment, where there is a culture of “informed vigilance” regarding the dangers of abuse, which:
For children and young people
- Values them for who they are and nurtures their positive development.
- Enables them to participate fully and contribute to their church community.
- Protects them from actual or potential harm.
For adults who may be at risk, including those suffering domestic abuse
- Ensures that all people feel welcomed, respected and safe from abuse.
- Encourages those who may be vulnerable:
- To lead as independent a life as possible.
- To choose how to lead their life.
- To be active contributors to the church community.
- Protects those who may be vulnerable from actual or potential harm.
For all people
- Enables and encourages concerns to be raised and responded to openly and consistently.
- Offers support and care for those suffering, or who have suffered, from any form of abuse.
- Promotes respect and the value of each person as a child of God.
We are therefore committed to best practice according to the national policies and guidelines of the Church of England, in the protection of children and vulnerable people in the recruitment, training and supervision of all who exercise a pastoral ministry in responding to any allegations or complaints.
This policy is reviewed each year by the Parochial Church Council and reaffirmed at the Annual Meeting.
Because we understand
- God has a special care for those who struggle.
- All of us at different periods of our lives are vulnerable and in need of help.
- We can make a difference.